In addition to the liability coverages, the FSRMF also offers a number of optional specialized coverages created to protect Florida's Sheriffs and their employees in specific circumstances based on their unique needs. Several of these coverages are included at no additional charge for Florida Sheriffs Self Insurance Program (FSSIP) members.
- Additional Covered Member – protects the County if sued for actions of the Sheriff's office.
- Watercraft Liability – covers the operation of watercraft for patrol, search and rescue, recovery, drug enforcement, etc.
- Watercraft Hull – provides physical damage coverage for owned watercraft
- Confiscated/Impounded Equipment – covers property in the care, custody and control of the Sheriff's office
- K-9 Accidental Death & Dismemberment – covers the accidental death and/or destruction of a K-9
- K-9 Illness & Disease – covers veterinary charges incurred for medical care for injury or illness of a K-9
- Flash Roll Money – covers money used in undercover "sting" operations
- Broad Form Money & Securities – covers loss by theft, mysterious disappearance, fire, burglary or robbery of money and securities on a 24-hour basis
- Data Breach Liability Coverage – covers 1st party costs incurred by the Sheriff's Office and 3rd party costs for damages the Sheriffs' Office may become liable to pay
- Employee Dishonesty Bond – covers all employees for any dishonest act of the employee (e.g., embezzlement)
- Horse Accidental Death & Destruction – covers accidental death and/or destruction of a horse
- Special Events Coverage – covers law enforcement-related events
We recognize that the insurance provided by the FSRMF may not meet all the needs of a Sheriff's office. To meet your needs for special events and additional coverages that fall outside the Programs, we are able to procure coverage through the Florida Sheriffs Insurance Agency.